"... moving... a fine singing voice."
- Norwich Eye, reviewing We Will Stand
"... a convincing villain who we cannot just dismiss as a monochrome baddie."
- Norwich Eye, reviewing At The Turning of The Tide
"... credible... cleverly showing the progression of the character from helpless and fearful to strong and remorseless."
- Edition Online, reviewing Gaslight
"Joanna Swan’s old Queen Margaret is particularly memorable... It is hard not to despise what society has done to her."
- Norwich Radical, reviewing Richard III
"Joanna Swan gave a captivating performance as Margery. It must be challenging to portray a character as hysterical as Margery, without losing the sincerity of her belief.
Swan adeptly managed this and, rather than being alienated by her lamentations, the audience empathised with Margery’s torments."
- Lynn News, reviewing Margery Kempe of Lynn
"Powerful... sympathetic, involving, and nuanced."
- Audience feedback, Margery Kempe of Lynn
"...inimitable comic timing..."
- Lynn News, reviewing The Poisoners' Pact
"Swan’s performance especially was full of energy and her relationship with the audience was deliciously bawdy."
- InSuffolk, reviewing The Poisoners' Pact
"...very open and brave work."
- Mike Bernardin, Acting Coach specialising in the Meisner Technique
"...a very talented performer...observant and witty..informs all her creative endeavors with loads of research and reference ensuring a great quality of layered work whilst constantly examining and developing her own practice."
- Dugald Ferguson, Artist / Performer / Producer @ DugaldFergusonArt / Living Structures
"...a role player who consistently performs well in Cons Skills sessions and works well with the Med tutors in taking instruction and offering insight."
- University of East Anglia Medical School
"...a pleasure to work with... always looking for options as an actor to contribute even more every time."
- Stathis Grapsas, director / tutor, Hydrama